The Society of Friends of the MDC
Aims and Benefits
The Society of Friends of the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) aims to improve and serve MDC research. It has the following goals:
- To support MDC research;
- To support and help expand scientific relationships between the MDC and its partners in Germany and abroad;
- To award research scholarships to young scientists;
- To expand contacts between the MDC and the public, particularly by educating non-specialists about current issues in medical research;
- To help organize scientific meetings;
- To support equal rights for men and women within the research activities of the MDC, by promoting measures that ease the relationship between work and family life;
- To promote art and cultural activities at the MDC;
- To promote sports activities at the MDC.
Membership comes with the following advantages:
- You will be informed about current events and developments on the Berlin-Buch campus.
- You will be invited to campus events including talks, discussion round tables, seminars, the New Year’s party, and the Long Night of Science.
- You will receive (at no cost) MDC publications such as the Research Report, campus news, popular books, etc.
- We will organize an experimental course in our learning lab for you
- You will stay up-to-date on the newest results of research in the fields of molecular biology and molecular medicine.
By making a donation or becoming a member you can help support the work of the Society of Friends. The membership fee and additional donations are tax-deductible.