The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) is one of the world’s leading biomedical research institutions. Max Delbrück, a Berlin native, was a Nobel laureate and one of the founders of molecular biology. At the MDC’s locations in Berlin-Buch and Mitte, researchers from some 60 countries study human biology – investigating the foundations of life from its most elementary building blocks to systems-wide mechanisms. By understanding what regulates or disrupts the equilibrium of a cell, an organ, or the entire body, we can prevent diseases, diagnose them earlier, and stop their progression with tailored therapies. To enable timely application of research findings for improving human health, the MDC supports entrepreneurship and participates in collaborative networks. The MDC has a close partnership with the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin in the jointly run Experimental and Clinical Research Center (ECRC), the Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) at Charité, and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK). Founded in 1992, the MDC today employs 1,600 people and is funded 90 percent by the German federal government and 10 percent by the State of Berlin.
Network Administrative Assistant of the Leducq Foundation “CASTT” Network (50%)
The Network Administrative Assistant serves as the direct interface between the scientific, administrative, and legal departments of the Network and Leducq Foundation. You will collect and revise expense reports and assure compliance to the Network’s budget as well as support the preparation of Progress Reports and Reviews. You will also facilitate exchange and collaborative work among network members and organize online and international in-person meetings.
You should have strong organizational skills and understand the research operations and its translation to budgets and financial expenditures. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required. Research, clinical and teaching experience is a plus.
- International working environment with communication in English and German
- Interesting career opportunities and a comprehensive range of qualification and further training opportunities
- Compatibility of family and career certified by the berufundfamilie audit
- Varied support for "New Berliners" (Welcome & Family Office)
- Company health management with fitness center
You also benefit from:
- A remuneration in accordance with the collective agreement for the federal public service (TVöD-Bund), including additional company pension schemes
- Flexible working hours and childcare support
- An idyllic green campus, which is easily accessible by bicycle, public transport or car
- A secure job, even in uncertain times
- Subsidy for the job ticket as well as discounts in the campus canteen
- Additional health benefits such as flu vaccination, eye test, ergonomics advice at the workplace, hygiene measures (medical mouth-nose protection, self-tests, disinfectants)
- The possibility of mobile working - also independent of the Corona situation
- Free use of Nextbike from the Buch S-Bahn station to the campus