The Berlin-based Max-Delbrück Center (MDC) for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association is one of the world-leading research institutes for molecular biology and genetics, with a focus on translational approaches to develop treatments for neurological diseases, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and metabolic diseases. Applications are invited for the position of Administrative Coordinator for the Postdoc Office.
As Administrative Coordinator for the Postdoc Office, you will be part of the Postdoc Office team at the MDC. The Postdoc Office provides career services for the ca. 300 postdocs at the institute, to which you will contribute. Your tasks will include:
• Developing and implementing an alumni concept for early-career researchers
• Being the main point of contact for MDC alumni and coordinating alumni involvement
• Organization of international alumni meetings
• Organizing general training offers for postdocs
• Entry and exit management for postdocs
• Maintenance of the Postdoc Office website and intranet page
• Marketing and communication of Postdoc Office offers (e.g., newsletter, social media)
• Reporting to funding agencies
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive person with a Bachelor-level education in a relevant field (e.g., international relations, project management, life sciences, website design) and knowledge or experience in science management or science communication. An excellent command of the English language is a prerequisite, as well as a good knowledge of German. You should enjoy interacting with people, have a structured and well-organized working approach, and be able to represent the Postdoc Office to international alumni. We will give preference to candidates with international work/study experience.
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
Please, send your application including all documents indicating the registration number preferably by e-mail to email@example.com as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.
E10 (TVÖD Bund)
November 01, 2019
For the duration of maternity leave and, if applicable, subsequent parental leave (anticipated for at least one year)
August 26, 2019
Dr. Rose Burden