The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) in the Helmholtz Association is an international biomedical research center dedicated to understanding the molecular mechanisms of health and disease with the goal to devise new diagnostics and medicines. The MDC is a member of the Helmholtz Association, Germany's largest scientific organization, and offers an engaging research environment with cutting-edge research infrastructure. Currently, ~1250 employees and ~500 guest scientists work at the Berlin-Buch and Berlin-Mitte campuses. Our diverse workforce is a core strength that inspires creativity and innovation at the MDC.
The MDC is committed to improving human health through transformative biomedical research. Our goal is to pioneer discoveries for preventing, treating, and ultimately curing disease.
Prof. Dr. Maike Sander, Scientific Director of the Max Delbrück Center, is currently seeking an Advisor to the Scientific Director (m/f/d). You will directly experience and contribute your organizational and analytical talents to the daily operations of the Director's office. Your responsibilities will encompass various topics spanning operational, administrative, political, strategic, and scientific aspects.
- Provide comprehensive support to the Scientific Director for internal and external meetings including content and organizational preparation as well as follow-up.
- Assess, process and give priority to incoming requests addressed to the Scientific Director.
- Oversee the public affairs activities of the Scientific Director in close partnership with internal stakeholders including the Communications Department. This includes interaction with external partners and management of key contacts and visits.
- Draft presentations, speeches, reports and correspondence for the Scientific Director, ensuring accuracy and alignment with the institution's objectives.
- Act as a communication intermediary, orchestrating the flow of information and decision-making procedures across the directorate and departmental leadership levels.
- Oversee the operations of the Scientific Director's Office, which encompasses administrative duties and close collaboration with the office staff.
- Prepare responses to stakeholder requests and uphold communication with relevant contacts of the Scientific Director.
- Completed degree (Master’s level or equivalent) and PhD, preferrably in the life sciences or medicine
- Exceptional and proactive communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, an aptitude for handling complexity, and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills in both English and German
- Independent, structured and goal-oriented work
- Strong affility for collaborative teamwork
- Adaptability and resilience, willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in science management and/or project management is desirable
- international working environment with communication in English and German
- interesting career opportunities and a range of opportunities for further qualification and training
- Compatibility of family and career certified by the workandfamily audit (“berufundfamilie audit”)
- Support for "New Berliners" through the MDC Welcome & Family Office
- On-campus health and fitness center
You also benefit from:
- a remuneration in accordance with the collective agreement for the federal public service (TVöD-Bund), including additional company pension schemes
- flexible working hours and childcare support
- an idyllic green campus, which is easily accessible by bicycle, public transport or car
- a secure job
- subsidy for the job ticket as well as discounts in the campus canteen
- additional health benefits such as flu vaccination, eye test, ergonomics advice at the workplace
- the possibility of hybrid remote working
- free use of Nextbike from the Buch S-Bahn station to the campus