LifeTime is a multinational, interdisciplinary initiative bringing together academia, industry, the public (patients) and policy makers. In March 2019, it enters a 1-year preparatory phase in order to develop a plan to realise its vision for a healthier future. LifeTime’s long-term mission is to map, understand and target diseased human cells for treatment. It will do so by developing and combining several disruptive technologies (molecular and imaging methods, artificial intelligence and novel patient-derived disease models. LifeTime is coordinated at the MDC in Berlin and the Institut Curie in Paris. The MDC is primarily responsible for the project communication. The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) is an international research center funded by the German government and the state of Berlin.
The LifeTime management team and the MDC Communications Department are looking for a:
Communications Manager / Communications Specialist
- Conceptual development and current support of communication (internal and external) for LifeTime on all channels with all stakeholders (webpage, monthly newsletter, social media)
- Contact to media
- Coordination with the relevant communication departments of international partners in questions of LifeTime media work
- Conception and support of events such as conferences and panel discussions
- Creation of a comms kit for PR materials, posters, PowerPoint-presentations, templates of all kinds
- Conception and implementation of PR materials (flyers, brochures, videos)
- Close cooperation with and active support of the Team responsible for development of a communication strategy for the next ten years
- Several years of professional experience in the communications department of a scientific institution and/or as a science journalist.
- Experience in project management, commitment to coordination, cooperation and international networking
- International work experience and willingness to travel
- Degree in Medical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or other science related topics
- English at native language level, very good German, French would be great
- RRI, Open Science and Knowledge Mapping are not unknown words for you.
International working environment
Work in one of the most exciting international research fields in biomedicine and in a highly motivated team
Salary TVÖD 13
The position is initially limited to one year.
Christian Popp:Jutta Kramm: