As part of the Helmholtz Initiative on Climate Adaptation and Mitigation, the MDC will contribute to investigating the impact of climate extremes on health and disease, particularly on cardiovascular disease. The MDC is a member of the NAKO e.V., which runs the German National Cohort (NAKO Gesundheitsstudie), a population based study, including 200.000 participants from different regions of Germany.
For our molecular epidemiology group we invite applications for the position for one Epidemiologist (Scientist / Postdoc).
- project planning, management and organization
- development of data analysis plans
- collaboration with national and international partners
- assembling and preparation of information on cardiovascular diseases and climate data
- analyze associations between climate data and cardiovascular health data (also including biomarkers)
- analyze effect modifications / interactions
- data analysis, publication in national and international peer reviewed journals
- master’s degree in epidemiology or public health
- master’s degree in life sciences (nutrition, biology) or medical degree
- doctoral degree
- fluent in English and German
- experience in the tasks listed in the job description
The MDC has a strong commitment to diversity and actively supports equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, disability, age or sexual identity. We look forward to applications from people who are open-minded and enjoy working in diverse teams.
Please, send your application including all documents indicating the registration number preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.
Salary is according to the German TVöD E 13 (Bund)
as soon as possible
The initial contract will be for a two years period.
Prof. Dr. Tobias Pischon, e-mail: email@example.com