The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) is one of the world’s leading biomedical research institutions. Max Delbrück, a Berlin native, was a Nobel laureate and one of the founders of molecular biology. At the MDC’s locations in Berlin-Buch and Mitte, researchers from some 60 countries analyze the human system – investigating the biological foundations of life from its most elementary building blocks to systems-wide mechanisms. By understanding what regulates or disrupts the dynamic equilibrium in a cell, an organ, or the entire body, we can prevent diseases, diagnose them earlier, and stop their progression with tailored therapies. Patients should benefit as soon as possible from basic research discoveries. The MDC therefore supports spin-off creation and participates in collaborative networks. It works in close partnership with Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin in the jointly run Experimental and Clinical Research Center (ECRC), the Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) at Charité, and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK). Founded in 1992, the MDC today employs 1,600 people and is funded 90 percent by the German federal government and 10 percent by the State of Berlin.
The groups of Dr. Zsuzsanna Izsvák and Prof. Dr. Mathias Selbach seeking a Foreign Language Secretary (m/f/d). We are looking for a full-time employee (m/f/d). If the applicant situation is suitable, there is the possibility to split the position.
Working closely with the Group Leader, the advertised position includes administrative, organizational and coordination tasks.
- General office and secretarial tasks in German and English language
- Correspondence in German and English language
- Translation of German and English documents
- Scheduling, coordination and monitoring of appointments
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Carrying out travel and appointment management
- Preparation of seminars and meetings
- Taking care of international guests and employees
- Introduction of new employees
- Budget management of the group
- Support in the application for funding
- Successfully completed apprenticeship as a management assistant for office communication or foreign language secretary or comparable qualification and experience
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken German and English
- Experience in secretarial work / office organization / assistance to project management.
- A confident handling of modern IT and office applications
- An independent, structured and responsible way of working
- A high level of initiative and service-oriented working style
- Distinct team and communication skills
- An open, friendly and goal-oriented manner.
- Experience in the use of graphics programs and website maintenance would be desirable.
- International working environment with communication in English and German
- Interesting career opportunities and a comprehensive range of qualification and further training opportunities
- Compatibility of family and career certified by the berufundfamilie audit
- Varied support for "New Berliners" (Welcome & Family Office)
- Company health management with fitness center
You also benefit from:
- A remuneration in accordance with the collective agreement for the federal public service (TVöD-Bund), including additional company pension schemes
- Flexible working hours and childcare support
- An idyllic green campus, which is easily accessible by bicycle, public transport or car