The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) is located in the vibrant city of Berlin and it is one of the most renowned centers for biomedical research in the world. In order to accelerate translation of basic research results into ground breaking technologies and therapies the MDCell – Helmholtz Innovation Lab was established at the MDC. MDCell (MDC cell engineering lab) is a platform to perform research cooperations at the interface of academia and industry. With a current focus on T cell engineering and cancer immunotherapy, MDCell aims to expand into further areas in cell and gene therapy. To actively manage and advance this exciting project, we are seeking a new Head of MDCell, full-time (39 hrs per week) for initially 2 years to start at the earliest timepoint possible.
You will be responsible for
- Management and strategic development of MDCell in close cooperation with MDC’s Technology Transfer department
- Acquisition, implementation and supervision of industry collaboration projects
- Project development with collaboration partners
- Scientific planning and performing of wet-lab experiments, analysis, interpretation and presentation of research results
- Supervision of a small team (post-docs, technicians) on complex cell engineering experiments and functional assays
- Goal-oriented lab management and timely delivery of results
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology or equivalent. Hands-on experience with primary cell cultures, methods for transient and stable gene transfer using viral and non-viral vectors, flow cytometry, cell sorting, ELISA, immunological in vitro and in vivo assays and molecular biology/cloning techniques.
- Experience with standard molecular biology/cloning techniques and methods for transient and stable gene transfer using viral vectors and electroporation.
- Knowledge around gene engineering, experience in T cell engineering and cancer immunotherapy is a plus.
- Experience in managing a scientific research team and entrepreneurial spirit are a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- You are a reliable and well-structured person who wants to unfold his/her high potential and enthusiasm in a friendly and team-oriented environment.
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
Please, send your application including all documents indicating the registration number preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.
Salary will be according to the German Federal salary scheme (TVÖD E14).
At the earliest timepoint possible.
Application deadline is June 20th 2018.
email@example.com, phone +49 30 9406 3847