The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) is a leading international biomedical research center with the goal of elucidating the molecular mechanisms of health and disease in order to create the basis for new therapies and diagnostic procedures. The MDC is a member of the largest scientific organization in Germany - the Helmholtz Association - and offers a stimulating and interactive research environment with the most modern infrastructure. Currently, 1,250 employees and approximately 500 guests work at the locations in Berlin-Buch and Berlin-Mitte. The diversity of our workforce is a strength and promotes creativity and innovative spirit at the MDC.
An ERC funded post-doctoral position is available in the research group of Dr. Ilaria Piazza at the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) in Berlin, Germany.
Key skills for the project are a strong interest in genome engineering, proteomics, technology development and quantitative biology.
The metabolic status of the cell provides an important regulatory layer for gene expression control and various other processes in the cell. In this context, you will investigate how protein domains function as sensors/reader of metabolite levels, and guide the coordinated recruitment of regulatory factors to the genome.
The candidate should have:
- A PhD in biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology or equivalent.
- A strong interest in genome engineering, proteomics, technology development and quantitative biology.
- Expertise in chromatin biology, preferentially chromatin proteomics, or DNA/RNA protein interaction studies. Ideally, experience with ChiP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, RIP, eCLIP, ChiP-SICAP or similar methods.
- Previous knowledge of quantitative proteomics/mass spectrometry methods is beneficial but not strictly essential, as expertise can be provided on site.
- Previous experience with work with human cancer cell lines or budding yeast (S. cerevisiae) is a plus.
- Programming skills with Python, R or shiny applications are a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in teams. Excellent communication skills.
- International working environment with communication in English and German
- Interesting career opportunities and a comprehensive range of qualification and further training opportunities
- Compatibility of family and career certified by the berufundfamilie audit
- Varied support for "New Berliners" (Welcome & Family Office)
- Company health management with fitness center
You also benefit from:
- A remuneration in accordance with the collective agreement for the federal public service (TVöD-Bund), including additional company pension schemes
- Flexible working hours and childcare support
- An idyllic green campus, which is easily accessible by bicycle, public transport or car