Applications are invited for position of coordinator of the recently established HEIBRiDS graduate school „Helmholtz Einstein Int. Berlin Research School in Data Science“ (https://www.mdc-berlin.de/de/node/42816). HEIBRiDS is a joint initiative of the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC), the Einstein Center for Digital Future (ECDF), and 5 Helmholtz Centers in the Berlin Area. As part of a highly international research environment, HEIBRiDS doctoral students are provided with high quality training in data science.
The coordinator complements a similar position at ECDF, and together they will be responsible for defining and managing activities of HEIBRiDs including:
- General administration and data management
- Marketing and promotion, student recruitment
- Organization of the curriculum consisting of courses, thesis committees, summer schools, symposia, student exchanges, outreach events etc.
- Planning and oversight of the budget
- Grant acquisition and fund-raising for expanding the collaborative research and training activities
- Support of the research school’s spokespersons in administration and strategic development of the program
- Action as a central point-of-contact for the school’s students and faculty
- Interaction and coordination of activities with the relevant Graduate Schools of the partners
- Creation of an enthusiastic and welcoming atmosphere for students
The position is embedded in the MDC International Graduate School. The position will be located in Berlin Mitte (MDC/BIMSB and ECDF) and serve as liaison between the MDC locations in Mitte and Buch: 30% of the time is allocated to contributing to the work of the Graduate School Office, a small, dedicated team at MDC, in all matters relevant to promotion, training and recruitment of early-career scientists (https://www.mdc-berlin.de/de/node/38892).
- Experience in Graduate Education or Science Management
- Have international research work experience
- Be an organized team player with excellent communication skills
- Have strong planning and organizational skills
- Be pro-active, combined with a high-level of initiative and independent work style
- Possess strong IT skills (CMS and databases)
- Familiarity with data management and graphical design is beneficial
- Management, and grant writing is of advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and very good command of English and German in speaking and writing
- Good team player with ability to work independently and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-active, flexible during peak times and problem-solving attitude
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
Please, send your application including all documents indicating the registration number preferably by e-mail to email@example.com as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.
Public service remuneration scheme up to TVöD E 13 (according to education and experience)
As soon as possible
The position is initially limited to 3 years with the possibility of extension.
July 20, 2018