The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers, supported by the Federal Government of Germany and the Senate of Berlin. It is dedicated to interdisciplinary biomedical research with the aim to translate basic research findings into clinical applications. The Scientific Infrastructures support and enable a wide portfolio of technologies and methodologies by specialized Scientific Technology Platforms, which are essential for the research approaches at the MDC. MDC researchers as well as Technology Platforms collaborate with Berlin based research and medical institutions and with leading international partner institutions and their respective infrastructures.
The Scientific Infrastructure Management at the MDC is seeking a project manager to join and coordinate the MDC's activities on research data management including conception and policy development with the objection of sustainable implementation.
The tasks of the project manager include but are not limited to
• project work with researchers in handling published and unpublished research data,
• conception of a systematic documentation of relevant data repositories specific to the discipline as well as evaluation of the implementation of institutional research data repository,
• evaluation of tools for generating data management schemes,
• collaboration on developing and performing corresponding training and consulting offers/events,
• interacting with research groups, library, IT department, technology transfer as well as further players at the MDC and beyond.
Applicants should have a degree in life sciences or bioinformatics, data sciences & IT management, computational media sciences or equivalent. Professional experience in the area of data management as well as digital research and publication processes would be of advantage.
Further requirements are
• knowledge of data repositories and their demands,
• experience in handling/processing meta data and persistent identifiers,
• profound knowledge of markup languages such as XML, HTML and CSS,
• expertise on correlation of research data and publications,
• professional command of both spoken and written German and English,
• passion for science & technology, self-motivation, pro-active attitude, responsible and independent project management,
• experience of working for international research institutions and ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders on international and interdisciplinary levels would be helpful.
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality. Furthermore, it provides an inclusive and family friendly environment.
up to E 13 TVöD/Bund dependent on qualification
next possible date
2 years with the perspective of extension
August 25, 2019
Enquiries about the position should be addressed to Dr. Jutta Steinkötter (email@example.com).
Please submit your application as one pdf file (5 MB max, including a cover letter, CV, references as well as relevant educational and degree certificates) indicating the registration number to firstname.lastname@example.org.