The Berlin-based Max-Delbrück Center (MDC) for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association is one of the world-leading research institutes for molecular biology and genetics, with a focus on translational approaches to develop treatments for neurological diseases, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and metabolic diseases. Applications are invited for an exciting and challenging position as Scientific Coordinator of the Postdoc Qualification Program ASPIRE.
As Coordinator of our Postdoc Qualification Program ASPIRE (Advanced Science career development Program for Innovation and REsearch), you will be part of the Postdoc Office team at the MDC. The Postdoc Office provides career services for the ca. 300 postdocs at the institute, to which you will contribute. ASPIRE is conceptualized as an additional specialization program for a subgroup of postdocs, and your focus will be on implementing and running it. Your tasks will include:
- Conceptual set-up and management of ASPIRE, including reporting to funding agencies
- Career counseling for Postdocs, esp. those within ASPIRE
- Career follow-up and analysis of key indicators for ASPIRE alumni
- Establishment and maintenance of partner contacts in the framework of ASPIRE (e.g., industry contacts, technology transfer)
- Concept, design and maintenance of the ASPIRE website
- Scientific event organization
- Participation in international career fairs
- Concept, design and implementation of an online scientific career toolkit
- Support and, if necessary, representation of the Office Head
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive person with a PhD in the life sciences and a knack for organizing. An excellent command of the English language is a prerequisite, as well as a good knowledge of German. You should enjoy interacting with people and be able to effectively communicate with different target groups (postdocs, group leaders, administrators, support staff, etc.). While working as part of a team, you should also enjoy taking over responsibility for your focus area and be able to represent ASPIRE to external and internal partners. We will give preference to candidates with additional experience in science management, project management or career counseling, especially if carried out in an international setting or demonstrating international mobility.
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
Please, send your application including all documents indicating the registration number preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as 1 pdf file (10 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.
November 01, 2018
3 years, with the possibility to extend to 5 years upon positive program evaluation
August 26, 2018
Dr. Sandra Krull
phone: +49 (0)30 9406 3332