The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) is a research center funded by the German federal government and the state of Berlin and a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers with approximately 1,250 employees. The MDC is engaged in biomedical research with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of disease and health and to transfer the findings to clinical application as quickly as possible. The research groups and technology platforms are integrated in numerous collaborative research projects and technology developments with national and international partners.
For our reasearch groups we are looking for a committed and motivated team assistant. You can expect a very dynamic, very varied and international working environment.
Support with all administrative and organizational tasks:
- scheduling appointments
- Travel Management (planning, booking and settlement of trips)
- independent processing of daily correspondence mainly in English
- budget control and management of third-party funds
- human resources (job advertisements, recruitment, contract renewals, guest registrations, etc.)
- inviting high-ranking scientists from Germany and abroad and planning their stay in Berlin as well as at the MDC
- support in organization and preparation of meetings, events and seminar series
- materials management and ordering
- creation of lists, overviews and documentation
- excellent knowledge of written and spoken German and English
- secure handling of modern IT and office applications
- independent, reliable, flexible and structured working style
- personal initiative and commitment
- excellent organizational skills
- professional experience in administration or office communication, ideally backed up by appropriate training
- salary in accordance with the collective agreement for the federal public service (TVöD-Bund), including additional company pension scheme
- international working environment with communication in English and German
- extensive qualification and further training offer
- diverse support for "New Berliners" (Welcome & Family Office)
- company health management with fitness center
- 30 days paid leave
The MDC is committed to diversity and actively supports equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, disability, age or sexual identity. Therefore, we are welcoming applications from all qualified individuals (m/f/d). Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification. The MDC is certified by the “work and family” audit and provides an inclusive and family friendly environment.
Please, send your application including all documents (CV, motivation letter, certificates) stating the above-mentioned registration númber, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.
The grouping is carried out according to personal requirements
within pay group 8 TVöD/Bund
The position is to be filled immediately.
Contracts are limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation