The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers, supported by the Federal Government of Germany and the Senate of Berlin. It is dedicated to interdisciplinary biomedical research with the aim to translate basic research findings into clinical applications. The Scientific Infrastructures support and enable a wide portfolio of technologies and methodologies by specialized Scientific Technology Platforms, which are essential for the research approaches at the MDC. MDC researchers as well as Technology Platforms collaborate with Berlin based research and medical institutions and with leading international partner institutions and their respective infrastructures.
The Scientific Infrastructure Management at the MDC is seeking a Research Data Management Team Leader to coordinate MDC's engagement in research data management including strategy and policy development as well as implementation, and to provide data management support to researchers.
The tasks of the team leader include but are not limited to:
• conceptualization and implementation of a MDC data policy
• enabling compliance with data related regulations of public bodies and funders for life science research at the MDC, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and intellectual property rights policies
• collaborating with researchers and additional relevant stakeholders at the MDC for the development of a cohesive research data management strategy of all aspects of the research data life cycle
• development of appropriate trainings and consultations
• interacting with internal stakeholders, e.g. library, IT department, technology transfer, communications
• networking with external stakeholders, e.g. Helmholtz Association, local, national and international partner institutions, public authorities
• supporting digitalization efforts at the MDC and MDC’s engagement in funding initiatives
Applicants should have a degree in life sciences including bioinformatics, data science, information science or equivalent. Professional experience in the area of data management and publication processes is essential for this position. Further requirements are:
• knowledge of information and data management in life sciences
• knowledge of data repositories in life sciences
• experience with data documentation, metadata standards, and persistent identifiers
• professional command of both spoken and written German and English
• responsible and independent project management
• passion for science & technology, self-motivation, pro-active attitude
• experience in working for international research institutions and ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders on an international as well as interdisciplinary level would be helpful
The MDC is committed to diversity and actively supports equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, disability, age or sexual identity. Therefore, we are welcoming applications from all qualified individuals (m/f/d). Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification. The MDC is certified by the “work and family” audit and provides an inclusive and family friendly environment.
up to E14 TVöD/Bund depending on qualification
next possible date
2 years with the perspective of extension
January 4, 2020
Enquiries about the position should be addressed to Dr. Jutta Steinkötter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please submit your application as one pdf file (5 MB max, including a cover letter, CV, references as well as relevant educational and degree certificates) indicating the registration number to email@example.com.