Science and research-related training
The MDC offers a number of lectures, seminars, and courses for early-career researchers.
- Computational and quantitative training - statistics, bioinformatics, machine learning
- Software training & programming - Fiji, R basics, R advanced, Python, open source tools
- Experimental science - technology platforms, imaging, stem cell technology
- Research translation - spin-out, IP, drug discovery, introduction to translation
- Other research-related training - scientific writing, research integrity
Doctoral researchers can apply for travel grants to support their participation in international scientific courses and workshops, or extended visits at a partner laboratory abroad.
Personal skills training
The MDC offers a range of personal skills courses on tailored to the needs of early-stage researchers.
- Soft-skill courses - scientific communication and presentation, project and time management, cooperation and teamwork, networking, intercultural competence etc.
- Language courses. e.g. intensive German classes for beginners.
All courses offered at the MDC are announced in the(internal access only).
Career development training
The MDC provides a number of career development-related training opportunities throughout the year. These include e.g. courses on career pathways and opportunities, grant and fellowship applications, or management and leadership. Whether you are planning to continue your path within academic research or explore industry, management, or alternative directions, activities throughout your doctoral studies at the MDC are designed to inspire and prepare you for your next career step.