At the MDC we aspire to provide our postdoctoral researchers with a stimulating environment to enable the progression of their further scientific career, and equip them with skills important in pursuing future employment in academia or in the private sector.
Towards this goal, the MDC faculty of world-renowned academics and the state-of-the-art research infrastructure offer an appropriate environment for high-class scientific postdoctoral training.
Our post-doctoral scientists are supported a variety of career development activities, such as:
- In-house workshops and courses on various topics such as grant and fellowship applications, leadership and managerial skills, guidance on how to establish an independent laboratory, ethics (incl. animal rights issues), teaching, etc.;
- , an annual on-campus full-day information and networking event;
- Regular talks, in which professionals (including MDC research alumni) from both industry and academia share their work experiences;
- Dedicated support for female scientists, and the .
- Specialized postdoctoral training career training through the track program.
Dr. Sandra Krull
Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine
Phone: +49 30 9406 3332
Career Pathways Series
Dr. Dariya Afanasyeva
Phone: +49 30 9406 3354
ASPIRE Career Track Program
Dr. Jean-Yves Tano
Phone: +49 30 9406 3353