The Max Delbrück Center is located in the North East of Berlin on the Campus Berlin-Buch, the largest Biotech Campus in Berlin.
- Travelling by car
Driving directions and parking
From the city center (Berlin-Mitte)
- Follow Prenzlauer Promenade outward (which then becomes the A114) in the direction of Autobahn Prenzlau.
- Take the "Bucher Straße" exit, then turn right at the traffic light onto Hobrechtsfelder Chaussee in the direction of Buch. Continue driving straight for about 4 - 5km.
- Turn right at the next traffic lights onto Wiltbergstraße. Drive straight for about 2km. Pass under the S-Bahn. After a further 500m Wiltbergstraße bends to the right and merges with Karower Chaussee. Continue along this road for another 500m.
- Turn left onto Robert-Rössle-Straße, which will take you to Campus Berlin-Buch and the Max Delbrück Center.
Weekdays 06:30 - 19:00 max. 3hrs free parking. Additional hours are charged at 1€ per hour.
Evenings, weekends & public holidays: free
Enter by the Gatehouse on Robert-Rössle Strasse and take a ticket at the barrier. Turn right and make your way to the Max Delbrück Center car park (behind building 31). On leaving, if you need to pay for extra hours you can find payment machines (which accept coins, notes, and German EC cards) either by the Gatehouse or by the exit on Lindenberger Weg.
- Travelling by public transport
Local connections to the Max Delbrück Center
The Max Delbrück Center can be reached by public transport via the S-Bahn to “Berlin-Buch”, then by bus to the campus.
Getting to Berlin-Buch
S-Bahn: line S2, direction “Bernau” or “Buch”
From S-Bahn station Buch to the Max Delbrück Center
Bus: number 353, "Campus Buch"
On foot: a 15-20min walk
Taxi: costs around 6€. Taxi rank outside S-Bahn station
Journey planners by BVG and Deutsche Bahn
For full details of connections to the Max Delbrück Center
New to Berlin? New to Germany?
Download our handy guide to the public transport system in Berlin full of very practical advice to get you here (courtesy of the Rajewsky group). N.B. it hasn't been updated in a while - prices may have risen!
- From outside Berlin/Germany
Flights, Train Connections and Alternatives
Flights to Berlin
Berlin has 2 airports: Berlin-Schönefeld (SXF) & Berlin-Tegel (TXL)
Airport Time by taxi Time by public transport Schönefeld (SXF) 55mins 1hr 30mins Tegel (TXL) 40mins 1hr - 1hr 20mins
Visit Deutsche Bahn for ticket sales and information on train connections both inside Germany and from elsewhere.