Declaration on Accessibility
This declaration on accessibility applies to the web pages of the URL www.mdc-berlin.de.
1. Status of compatibility with the requirements
Not all parts of the website are compatible with the requirements concerning accessibility arising from Section 3 Paragraphs 1 to 3 and Section 4 of the Accessible Information Technology Ordinance (BITV 2.0).
2. Content not accessible for people with disabilities
The content listed below is not accessible for people with disabilities for the following reasons:
Info and relationships
- Semantic HTML is insufficiently implemented or used redundantly.
- Lists and/or list entries are implemented insufficiently or incorrectly.
- The website has a partially insufficient or faulty heading hierarchy or headings are not marked as such.
- The website has contrast errors in some cases: In these cases, the contrast is lower than 4.5:1 between foreground and background color.
- The contrast of control elements is partly too low: The contrast is in these cases lower than 3:1 to the background or to surrounding graphics.
- Some areas/elements are cut off and not displayed completely. This occurs with a browser window width of 320 CSS pixels or with a browser window width of 1280 CSS pixels and 400% zoom magnification.
Content on Hover or Focus
- The hovered menu cannot be closed with the Esc key.
Pause, stop, hide
- The slideshow/animation cannot be stopped.
- The skip links are not shown when the focus is kept.
Link Purpose (In Context)
- Links are partially without or with incorrect (English despite German interface) link text or this is not passed on to the screen reader.
Headings and Labels
- Forms sometimes lack the correct labels or the placeholder is insufficient/incorrect.
- The visible keyboard focus is sometimes missing, too low or not available when using the keyboard.
- The page has syntax errors.
The website content is not available in sign language.
No audio descriptions or comprehensive subtitles are provided for video content.
Documents such as PDF forms and PowerPoint presentations are not provided in an accessible format in all cases.
A) The content does not fall within the scope of the applicable legal provisions.
Pursuant to Section 12a Paragraph 5 BGG, public bodies of the federal government that do not provide essential services for the public or services specially designed for or tailored to the needs of people with disabilities are exempted from the requirement to make information technology accessible for people with disabilities.
3. Preparation of this statement on accessibility
This declaration was prepared on 22 September 2020.
The declaration was most recently reviewed on 20 October 2020.
The declaration is based on a self-assessment conducted by the MDC.
4. Feedback and contact details
If you have any questions or encounter any shortcomings with regard to the accessible design of www.mdc-berlin.de, you can contact us at:
Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association
Tel.: +49 30 9406-2533
5. Enforcement procedure
If you have not received a satisfactory response to messages or enquiries regarding accessibility, you can contact the competent arbitration body: Bundesfachstelle Barrierefreiheit Deutsche Rentenversicherung (available only in German)