CV Nikolaus Rajewsky
- 1995-1997 PhD in Theoretical Physics, University of Cologne, Germany
- 1994-1995 Diploma in Theoretical Physics, University of Cologne, Germany
- Since 2008 Scientific Director, Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology
- Since 2006 Full Professor for Systems Biology, Charite (MDC)
- 2003-2006 Assistant Professor, Department of Biology and Courant Institute for Mathematial Sciences, New York University (Tenure Track)
- 1999-2002 Postdoc, The Rockefeller University, New York
Activities in the Scientific Community:
- 2013-2017 gave 131 invited talks at international conferences
- since 2012 Member, Advisory Board of the "Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin"
- since 2010 Member, SAB of the MRC Institute "London Clinical Sciences"
- 2010 Elected EMBO Member
- since 2008 Initiator and Founding Director of the "Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology"
Honors and Awards:
- 2017 European Commission Marie Curie Training Grant (3 Million Euros, NR is coordinator)
- 2014 Honorary PhD in Human Genetics and Medical Biology, La Sapienza University, Rome
- 2012 Leibniz Award of the DFG (2.5 Million Euros)
- 2008-2012 Global Distinguished Professor, New York University
- 2008 Spitzenforschung in den neuen Bundeslaendern (11.5 Million Euros). This award was after peer-review expanded and institutionalized by the Ministry of Science (ca. 20 Million Euros/year).