Dear Colleagues and Friends,
Recent discoveries of how innate and adaptive mechanisms cooperate in immune defense but also in the control of cellular homeostasis have changed classical immunological paradigms and opened new horizons for basic research and medical intervention. Accordingly, a new era of immunological research has begun, in which the immune system serves as a paradigm for modern systems biology and where therapies targeting inflammation and innate or adaptive immune cells, or using immune cells or antibodies as drugs, are beginning to revolutionize large sectors of medicine.
The Immunology & Inflammation (I & I) Conference is a new biannual series of conferences that aims to serve as an international and interactive platform for exchange of ideas and scientific discussion on the latest ground-breaking discoveries in the field.
Our 1st edition holds an exciting program that comprises four sessions covering the key new developments, their impact on life science, and implications for modern medicine. We have invited scientists among the top world-renowned experts for their standing in the field and contribution to the breakthroughs that fuelled these new areas of investigation. Young scientists will also be given the opportunity to present data through posters and short presentations.
We warmly invite you to join us for this 1st I & I Conference and look forward to your participation.
The organizing committee: Michela Di Virgilio, Klaus Rajewsky, Helmut Kettenmann and Hans-Reimer Rodewald.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Frederick Alt (Boston Children’s Hospital)
- Oleg Butovsky (Brigham and Women's Hospital)
- Joseph El-Khoury (Massachusetts General Hospital)
- Finsen Bente (University of Southern Denmark)
- Christopher Garcia (Stanford University School of Medicine)
- Carl June (Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania)
- David Kent (Cambridge Stem Cell Institute)
- Sten Linnarsson (Karolinska Institute Unit of Molecular Neurobiology)
- Marco Prinz (University Medical Centre Freiburg)
- Hans-Reimer Rodewald (German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ))
- Michael Reth (University of Freiburg / Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epidemics)
- Cliona M Rooney (Baylor College of Medicine)
- David Schatz (The Anlyan Center, Yale University)
- Carla Shatz (Stanford University)
- Gabriel Victora (The Rockefeller University)
- Registration starts on September 10th, 2018 ()
- Early bird deadline: November 30th, 2018 ()
- Registration deadline: January 31st, 2019 ()
- Regular fee (early): € 200 ()
- Regular fee (late): € 300 ()
- Students with a valid student ID (early): € 75 ()
- Students with a valid student ID (late): € 115 ()
- Dan Littman (NYU School of Medicine)
Prof. Dr. Klaus Rajewsky
Prof. Dr. Michela Di Virgilio
+49 30 9406 4268
Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine