Aims and Benefits
The society has the following goals:
- To support MDC research;
- To support and help expand scientific relationships between the MDC and its partners in Germany and abroad;
- To award research scholarships to young scientists;
- To expand contacts between the MDC and the public, particularly by educating non-specialists about current issues in medical research;
- To help organize scientific meetings;
- To support equal rights for men and women within the research activities of the MDC, by promoting measures that ease the relationship between work and family life;
- To promote art and cultural activities at the MDC;
- To promote sports activities at the MDC.
Membership comes with the following advantages:
- You will be informed about current events and developments on the Berlin-Buch campus.
- You will be invited to campus events including talks, discussion round tables, seminars, the New Year’s party, and the Long Night of Science.
- You will receive (at no cost) MDC publications such as the Research Report, campus news, popular books, etc.
- We will organize an experimental course in our learning lab for you
- You will stay up-to-date on the newest results of research in the fields of molecular biology and molecular medicine.
By making a donation or becoming a member you can help support the work of the Society of Friends. The membership fee and additional donations are tax-deductible.
Promotion of scientific exchange by supporting
- Max-Delbrück-Lectures / Elena-Timoféefff-Ressovsky-Lecture Series
- Child care during congresses
Awarding of prizes
- Best Scientific Image Contest during the Long Night of Sciences in cooperation with Nikon GmbH
- Best Poster and Best Talk dring the yearly PhD Retreats of MDC and FMP
- Silent Hero Prize
Promotion of sports and networking by supporting the participation in:
- Berlin Table Tennis Company-Cup
- VitalLaufFest of HOWOGE
- Berliner Firmenlauf in Mitte and Tiergarten
- Berliner Wasserbetriebe 5x5 km TEAM-relay in the Tiergarten
- Allod Gesundheitslauf in Berlin-Karow
- TÜV Rheinland Berliner marathon relay on the former airport Tempelhof
- and support of work-place health promotion and the further development of Campus Vital
Promotion of science, art, culture and history:
- Local culture: the sculpture park and the Jeanne-Mammen-collection of the MDC
- Scientific historical events.
- maintenance about the grave of Karl Lohmann
Promotion of school's work at the Scientific Learning Lab
Promotion of the network between science and economy
Interlinking of Alumni-work with activities of Freundeskreis
Active involvement in and for the health city Berlin-Buch
- Support of cultural events on Campus and in Buch
- Movie Series „Cinema under the campus sky“ on Campus Buch
- Support of integration of refugees in the neighbourhood
Here you find the. Please note the possibility to pay the membership fee via direct debit from your bank account.
Please send the complete and signed form to:
The Board of the Society of Friends is elected by the general membership meeting. The following members work in the Board in an honorary capacity:
Scientific Director of the Max Delbrück Center