Many of us know first-hand how difficult it can be to balance family life with a career in science or any other job at the institute. This will always be a challenge, but institutes can do a lot to reduce the stress and to make things easier. At the same time they increase their attractiveness as an employer for applicants from science and other fields of work.
On May 31st, 2019, MDC was awarded the certificate “Work and Family” for the fourth time proving to be a family friendly employer. The certificate demonstrates the MDC's comprehensive and sustainable commitment to a family and life stage oriented personnel policy. Our aim is to ensure the sustainability of already established family support structures and measures to facilitate the compatibility of work and family life in daily life. Family is understood as a network spanning generations, in which people take on long-term responsibility for and care of each other and in which people are supported in crisis situations.
The audit “Work and Family” continues to contribute to the following objectives:
- Winning and developing the best people and talents
- Concentration on scientific performance
- Increasing competitiveness in an international research environment
- Creation of the best possible framework conditions for research
- Increase of job satisfaction
- Family-friendly and life stage oriented culture in all areas of the MDC
Find here specific information about the.
Other questions can be addressed to.