Fall 2016 Recruitment Round
|Online registration will open
|April - May 2016
|July 1, 2016
|August 1, 2016
|Interview week in Berlin
How to apply
Please register at the APPLICATION PORTAL, there you will find detailed information about the application process, interview week, projects and details on the PhD program at the MDC. After successful registration you will receive a confirmation link via email that allows you to log in the portal.
To access the portal, please use one of the following web-browsers:
Google Chrome > 40.0
Mozilla Firefox > 34.0
Safari > MacOSX 9.5
Internet Explorer > 10.0
- Login at the application portal
- Complete the sections education, training, motivation letter etc. All mandatory fields are marked.
- Upload all required documents.
- Add the names and addresses of 2 referees. As soon as you have entered contact details your referees will automatically receive a request for letter of recommendation. Please make sure that references arrive on time! You cannot change your referee once you have saved the contact. If there is a problem contact us in time. References arriving after the deadline will not be processed and applications will be considered incomplete.
- Don’t forget to submit your application once you have completed your sections. You don't have to wait for your reference letters to arrive for you to submit. After submission you won’t be able to edit the sections, but you can check the status of your letters of recommendation. We will inform you within 5 weeks of the application deadline whether you are invited for interviews to Berlin.
Please note that although the application period is a busy time for the Graduate Office, we will do our best to answer your inquiries as soon as possible. Send your inquiries including your application number to phdmdc(at)mdc-berlin.de.
Important: Successful candidates must start their PhD project at the latest six months after the interviews.
Currently there is no funding available for current and former interns and MSc. students of the MDC.