Specifically we are running projects to:
- build new disease models in mice and human iPS cells
- approach gene therapy in mouse models and patient-derived cells
- explore exon replacement by NHEJ for gene repair and humanisation
- operate the core facility for mouse genome engineering
- pursue genome repair to optimize the C57BL/6 inbred mouse strain
Genome engineering is a key technology to study gene function in health and disease. The continous innovation of gene editing technologies is the base for the next generation of biomedical research.
*Nucleic Acid Sequence Replacement by NHEJ. PCT International Publication Number: WO 2019/122302 A1 (2019).