Please make sure that you contact the Postdoc Office if you are planning to apply for a fellowship with:
- detailed CV
- motivation letter
- PhD certificate or a document that confirms the eligibility for the program
- name of the hosting group at MDC
as a single pdf to email@example.com.
Note for MDC Postdocs: you are eligible to apply to the MSCA fellowship if you are less than 1 year at the MDC by the time of application.
Researchers do not need to be affiliated with the MDC beforehand, but need an MDC host Group Leader willing to support their applications. They also need to fulfill the eligibility criteria:
- Mobility Rule: Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Germany for more than 12 months in the previous 3 years before the call deadline.
- Research experience: PhD (successfully defended doctoral thesis at the call deadline)
- Scientific age: up to 8 years full time equivalent experience in research after PhD. Career breaks (e.g. due to parental leave), will not be taken into account.
- Researchers are expected to be familiar with the call and the proposal template.
The MDC funding office provides support material for applicants for preparations of outstanding proposals.
The MDC Career Center and funding office can also provide detailed feedback for MSCA proposals.
*We provide feedback only for proposals formatted according to the MSCA template and guidelines.
We cannot provide feedback on proposal that have already been rejected more than once.
Please directly contact the group that you would like to apply with.
Further useful links